SafeHomes has the BEST VOLUNTEERS
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month and we could not do all that we do without the help of our amazing volunteers. They give their time and talents because they believe in our mission so wholeheartedly that they want to play an active role in helping survivors find hope and healing.
Below are just SOME of the things volunteers did last year to make a difference, so if you would like to be part of our volunteer team, please contact us today!
- Answered and directed incoming calls on the hotline
- Helped with child watch while moms attended support group or counseling
- Staffed our monthly "donation day" at Warren
- Organized the storage unit
- Packed items from storage so they could be distributed to clients while in shelter or upon their exit.
- Painted rooms and completed needed repairs.
- Cooked meals.
- Provided counseling (Masters Level Students with Supervision)
- Taught Life Skills Classes.
- Educated the community at resource fairs by setting up a SafeHomes display.
- Distributed outreach brochures or event flyers around town.
- Contacted local businesses for raffle donations.
- Assisted with set up and executing our fundraising events.
- Created graphics for social media or other communications.
- Served on the Board of Directors or Committees.
...........and so much more..........
We really cannot say THANK YOU enough to our volunteers, but we are certainly going to try as we highlight some of them throughout this month on our social media. Be sure to follow along @safehomesdv on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!