Volunteers are an integral part of SafeHomes and our mission to transform victims of domestic violence into survivors. By giving your time and talents, whether you volunteer at the administrative office, prepare a meal for the residents in our shelter or promote SafeHomes throughout a 10-county service area, you are positively affecting the community in which you live.
- If you are a survivor, it is important that you have been out of the domestic violence relationship for at least two years.
- Must be at least 15 years of age or older.
- Must understand the importance of maintaining all codes of confidentiality.
- Must have an acceptable public record and reputation.
- Must have the desire and passion to give back to the community and help those who have been affected by domestic violence.
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, we encourage you to complete and submit a volunteer application. Upon receipt of your application, we will work with you to successfully complete the application and orientation process to include an interview, background check, reference check and 20 hours of training prior to beginning your volunteer work.
Current volunteer needs include, but are not limited to:
Front Desk Coverage
The primary duties for the Front Desk volunteer are to answer the crisis hotline and direct the caller to an appropriate staff member, as well as monitor the office door entry area, allowing access to approved visitors.
Staff Assistant (working with children)
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Thursdays
Other times are available as well, times vary.
Please return your completed volunteer application, along with a copy of your driver's license or a valid government ID to:
PO Box 3187
Augusta, GA 30914
or email your application to email@example.com. You may also fax your application to 706-736-8558.