Teen Advisory Board
SafeHomes' Teen Advisory Board aims to raise awareness about teen dating violence and support healthy relationships. Our members are teens ages 13-19 from SafeHomes' 10-county service area. Together, our goal is to change the way that dating violence is discussed throughout local schools, churches, after school programs and other teen-centered organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attend monthly meetings at a location convenient for all members.
- Participate in an overall planning process and assist in implementing and monitoring board goals.
- Recruit new members for upcoming school year, and orient new members into the board.
- Partner with SafeHomes and continue the integrity of the organization.
- Spread awareness to teens in schools, churches, clubs and organizations about teen dating violence, healthy relationships, safety planning and more.
- Become a part of effective change in our area
- Make a difference and have your opinions heard
- Improve your own life through helping others
- Enhance college applications and resumes
- Gain knowledge about social issues
- Volunteer with established non-profit agency
- Gain leadership skills
- Attend Conferences/Retreats
We will be accepting applications through October 30, 2019
50% of victims who are killed by an abusive partner started those relationships between the ages of 13-24.